Update 22 June 2020 – Wales
Following the First Minister’s announcement on Friday 19 June that self contained accommodation could be booked from 13 June, we are waiting for clarification on how this will be applied to our parks in Wales.
Update 1 June 2020 – Wales
Here’s an update on the situation in Wales from The Willows, Abersoch:
The four UK nations have different Government regulations. The latest Welsh Gov announcement on 28 May said that Wales will be on lockdown for another three weeks. Local residents can now travel up to 5 miles locally to visit one other family or friend , this must be outside and staying 2m apart .
Wales is still closed to all other UK residents. The R rate is only just peaking in some parts of the country. The next Welsh Government review will be in another 21 days.
This means bookings for June are now frustrated. If you have a booking for June, your park will be contacting you or you can contact them by email. Parks are taking bookings for later in the season and The Willows are not asking for any commitment due to the continued uncertainty.
Update 18 May 2020 – Q&As
Are you looking forward to taking a break with your caravan, motorhome, campervan or tent? For now, all campsites and touring parks are temporarily closed. We can’t wait to welcome you back, but please don’t make any unnecessary trips until we’re told it’s safe to do so. Our parks need to prioritise the safety of their staff and local communities at present.
If you are thinking of making a trip, please be sure to plan ahead and follow Government advice. Here are some answers to frequently asked questions which we hope you’ll find helpful.
Can I go to a campsite on holiday now?
No. Campsites and touring parks are not allowed to open at present. Overnight stays away from home are not permitted.
When can I book a holiday for?
Last week the UK Government published its COVID-19 Recovery Strategy in the document Our Plan to Rebuild. Step Three, (page 31), to open hospitality businesses in England states “Will be no earlier than 4 July, subject to the five tests…, and further detailed scientific advice, provided closer to the time, on how far we can go.” For our parks in Wales, we’re expecting the Welsh Government to announce a later opening date.
How will I know when parks in the Tranquil Parks group open?
Please check the News section of our website, our Facebook page, Twitter account and Instagram with the latest information. Individual parks will also publish updates on their own websites and social media.
What if I have a holiday booked before 4 July or travel restrictions are extended?
It is unlikely that you’ll be able to take this holiday. The park that you have booked with will be contacting you, or you can contact them by email. Our parks being as flexible as they can in these challenging times.
Is it safe to go on a camping or caravan holiday while Coronavirus is still in the UK?
It’s widely accepted that being outside in nature is good for our wellbeing and mental health, and that outdoor settings are less risky than indoor ones. Larger pitches enable social distancing. The owners of campsites and touring parks are preparing to ensure that shared facilities can be used safely.
Touring parks do not yet know what the requirements for opening will be, however. So they don’t know exactly how and when they’ll be able to open. They might have to operate shared facilities like shower blocks and shops in a more limited way, or keep them closed. They might introduce contactless check-in, for example.
Whatever happens, please remember that you are responsible for:
- Making sure you understand the Government’s guidance
- Abiding by the regulations
- Deciding whether or not it is safe for you to go on holiday
- Determining how best to practice social distancing
Update 12 May 2020
All our parks remain closed and our management teams are missing you!
Following the Prime Minister’s announcements on Sunday 10 May, we understand that campsites and touring parks in England will not be permitted to open until July at the earliest. This is not definite and will depend on a number of factors. This does not apply to parks in Wales. We will keep updating this page when we have more information.
All of our parks have been inundated with enquiries. Please be aware that they may be unable to answer the phone and email is the best way to get in touch.
We really appreciate your patience at this time and thank you for your support. We sincerely hope that you and your families are staying safe and well.We cannot wait to welcome you back!
“And step 3 – at the earliest by July – and subject to all these conditions and further scientific advice; if and only if the numbers support it, we will hope to re-open at least some of the hospitality industry…provided they are safe & enforce social distancing.”
Update 25 March 2020
All Tranquil Parks are now closed or in the process of closing.
On Monday 23 March, the Government provided guidance on essential travel, which does not include trips to campsites and caravan parks. Most of our member parks had announced closure before this advice, however. The parks will remain closed until they have been informed that it’s safe for people to travel again.
We know how much you love your stays at Tranquil Parks, so cancelling your holidays has been very difficult, but we all understand that there are bigger concerns right now. As independent businesses, the owners of our member parks are very grateful for your support. They’re very busy right now rescheduling bookings.
Please be aware that parks may not be able to answer phone calls and email is a better way to get in touch. Please check parks’ individual websites or announcements for information on next steps.
Thank you to all guests and parks for doing the right thing
Closure announcements and park updates
- BACK OF BEYOND TOURING CAMPING & GLAMPING PARK | www.backofbeyondtouringpark.co.uk/coronavirus
- BATH CHEW VALLEY CARAVAN PARK | www.bathchewvalley.co.uk
- BLUE ROSE COUNTRY PARK | Facebook announcement
- BRIARFIELDS MOTEL AND TOURING PARK | www.briarfields.net/coronavirus
- BROOKSIDE COUNTRY PARK | Facebook announcement
- CHAINBRIDGE TOURING CARAVAN SITE | www.chainbridgecaravansite.co.uk
- CHAROLAND FARM | www.charolandfarm.co.uk
- CHERRY TREE SPRINGS TOURING PARK | Facebook announcement
- DAISY BANK TOURING CARAVAN PARK | daisy-bank.co.uk/update-17-3-20
- DELPH BANK TOURING PARK | www.delphbank.co.uk/covid-19
- EYE KETTLEBY LAKES | Facebook post
- FIELDS END WATER CARAVAN PARK, LODGES & FISHERY | www.fieldsendwater.co.uk
- GREEN ACRES CARAVAN PARK| www.greenacrescumbria.co.uk/information/coronavirus-statement
- GREENACRES TOURING PARK | Facebook announcement
- GREENDALE FARM CARAVAN AND CAMPING PARK | www.rutlandgreendale.co.uk
- GROOBY’S PIT | www.fishskegness.co.uk/coronavirus/
- HALLSDOWN FARM TOURING PARK | Facebook post
- KILLIWERRIS TOURING PARK | killiwerris.co.uk
- LAMB COTTAGE CARAVAN PAR | Announcement to follow
- LONG ACRES TOURING PARK | www.long-acres.co.uk/coronavirus
- LONGNOR WOOD HOLIDAY PARK | Facebook announcement
- MANOR HOUSE CARAVAN PARK | www.manorhousetouringpark.co.uk
- MOOR VIEW PARK | moorviewtouringpark.co.uk
- NEW LODGE FARM | www.newlodgefarm.co.uk
- OLD OAKS TOURING CAMPING & GLAMPING PARK | www.theoldoaks.co.uk/coronavirus-information-for-old-oaks-guests
- OVERBROOK CARAVAN PARK | Facebook announcement
- RED KITE TOURING PARK | www.redkitetouringpark.co.uk
- RUN COTTAGE TOURING PARK | www.runcottage.co.uk/please-read-site-now-closed-until-further-notice
- SOMERS WOOD CARAVAN PARK | somerswood.co.uk
- SOUTH WALES TOURING PARK | Facebook post
- THE WILLOWS CARAVAN AND CAMPING PARK | www.the-willows-abersoch.co.uk
- THREE CASTLES COUNTRY CARAVAN PARK | Coronavirus update
- TYDDYN DU TOURING PARK | www.tyddyndutouringpark.co.uk/coronavirus
- WATERROW TOURING PARK | https://www.waterrowpark.co.uk/coronavirus-update
- WAYFARERS CARAVAN PARK | Facebook post
- WELLS TOURING PARK | Facebook announcement
- WHEATHILL TOURING PARK | https://wheathillpark.co.uk/
- WOODLAND SPRINGS TOURING PARK | woodlandsprings.co.uk
- YORK CARAVAN PARK | www.yorkcaravanpark.com/covid19-guest-information
For parks not listed above, please see individual websites and social media.
Current advice on protecting yourself