Brookside Country Park (North Lincolnshire)
- Open Day Saturday 18th August from 12pm includes hog roast and live entertainment. See Brookside events page.
New Lodge Farm (Northamptonshire)
The park is hosting The Stilton Cheese Run Classic Vehicle Run on Sunday 28 April. The day’s run loosely follows the old Stilton cheese route (from the days of horsedrawn cart) from its manufacture in Leicestershire via Northamptonshire to the village of Stilton and onward to London.
New Lodge Farm will provide a hog roast for all participants and spectators, with 400 plus vintage and classic cars pulling up into the events field for a spot of lunch!
Blue Rose Country Park (Yorkshire)
- Open Day Saturday 25 May, afternoon entertainment plus jacket spuds and evening music. See more.
- B&A Scaffolding Beverley 2K Fun Run Sunday 12 May – open to anyone over 5! (10k Road Race is sold out.) Just a 15 minute drive from the park.
- Tour De Yorkshire 2-5 May (men’s race) – takes in all four corners of the county including 150 villages, towns and cities along the way. The third stage on Saturday 4 May will start from Bridlington just a few miles from the park. If you’ve never been before, come along and be part of the exhilarating experience. Asda Tour de Yorkshire Women’s Race is on 3-4 May.
Greenacres Touring Park (Somerset)
- Vivary Park Taunton – Madness 12 July, Bananarama 13 July, Tom Jones 14 July.
- Taunton Flower Show, 2-3 August.
- Wellington Food & Drink Festival, 2 September – free admission, local food to try and buy.
- Free music in Wellington Park summer weekends.
Back of Beyond Touring Park (Dorset)
- Dogstival, 18-20 May – A festival for dogs in the New Forest.
- Christchurch Cheese & Chilli Festival 8-9 June – lots of traders selling local produce plus live music, demonstrations and talks.
- The Great Dorset Steam Fair,Thursday 22-Monday 26 August – one of the world’s largest heritage and cultural events, showcasing Britain’s industrial, agricultural and leisure history. Experience steam giants of the past, WW1 flying aircraft, heavy horse displays and much more.
- Bournemouth Air Festival 29 August-1 September – From Bournemouth sea front watch free displays in the air, on the ground and at nighl, featuring the Red Arrows and other flight acrobatics along with WW2 planes.
- See more events on the Back of Beyond what’s on page.
Eye Kettleby Lakes (Leicestershire)
Events for park residents see event details:
- Race Night Saturday 18 May
- Tom Jones Tribute Saturday 8 June
- Summer Party Saturday 6 July
- Adele Tribute Saturday 20 July
- Artisan Cheese Fair 4-5 May – the UK’s largest cheese fair with around 70 artisan cheese makers from Britain and Ireland and almost 300 cheeses to try and buy.
- Leicester Riverside Festival 1–2 June – includes a fun fair, food stalls, arts & crafts, beer tent, acoustic music stage and lots of activities, plus narrow boat rally, boat trips, canoes, boat rides, demonstrations and the opportunity to view and buy work from local artists.
- East Midlands Food Festival 5-6 October – Melton Mowbray Cattle Market, known as the Rural Capital of food and drink, hosts a huge selection of edible delights from some of the country’s finest producers, many from the East Midlands region.
- Foxton Locks Festival 15-16 June – live music, arena displays crafts, boats and a fun dog show.
South Wales Touring Park (Carmarthenshire)
- Swansea Pride 2019 30 April-4 May – a week full of events culminating in a parade through the City Centre and a free festival at the national waterfront museum.
- Gower Good Food Festival 26-27 May – support local producers and enjoy a day out at the Gower Heritage Centre.
- Gŵyl Fwyd Castell Newydd Emlyn/Newcastle Emlyn Food Festival 8 June – the historic town invites you to experience local produce and have some fun.
- Llandeilo Welsh Countryman’s Game Fair 15-16 June – a scenic setting for arena shows and competitions in sporting disciplines, including dog showing, fishing demonstrations food halls and crafts.
- Wales Airshow at Swansea Bay 6-7 July – a free show featuring aerobatics, military aircraft and vintage planes.
Woodland Springs Touring Park (Devon)
The extensive conservation of Castle Drogo is coming to an end sometime this year, so see it to see the renovations while you can. The grounds and the estate are also great for walking.
- Dartmoor Heritage Railway Okehampton to Meldon Viaduct, 30 March to 30 September
- Exeter Food and Drink Festival, 4-6 May
- Devon County Show, Westpoint, Exeter, 16-18 May
- Okehampton Show 8 August
- Dartmoor Folk Festival, South Zeal, 9-11 August
- Chagford Agricultural and Horticultural Show, 15 August
- Dartmouth Royal Regatta, 29-31 August
- Open Studios across Devon, September 7 to 22
- Widecombe Fair, 10 September
- Agatha Christie Festival, 14-16 September
Bath Chew Valley Caravan Park (Somerset)
- Bath Carnival, 13 July
- Bristol Harbour Festival, 19-21 July,
- Bristol International Balloon Fiesta, 8-11 August
- Somerset Carnivals, 11-16 November
Long Acres Touring Park (Lincolnshire)
- Lincolnshire Aviation Heritage Centre is a fantastic museum for WW2 aviation history with numerous events coming up
Old Oaks Touring Camping & Glamping Park (Somerset)
The park is running coach transport to:
- Glastonbury Abbey Extravaganza, 3 August
- Night at the Abbey, 30 August
- Bridgwater Carnival, 2 November
Please see our recent blog Great walks from our parks.