Red Kite Touring ParkLlanidloes, Poweys
Located just one mile from the historic market town of Llanidloes on the B4518, Red Kite is a 5 star family owned touring park exclusively for adults. Featuring 66 fully serviced pitches and a state of the art amenity block. Set in 20 acres boasting a large amenity area with nature ponds, course fishing pool, walking routes and dog walks. An ideal location for exploring the Clywedog Reservoir, Hafren Forest and the Elan valley or further afield the Snowdonia National Park or the Brecon Beacons. The route to Llanidloes is only 20 minutes along a well-lit footpath and only 40 minutes drive to beautiful coastal towns.
Situated on a gently sloping, south facing side of the Clywedog Valley easily accessible directly off the B4518 with large tarmac entrance. We offer peace and tranquility with superb views across the Welsh Valley and a warm, friendly welcome and are always on hand to help. Within the grounds of the park there are large dog walking areas, with a separate fenced off dog training area.
There are nice walks from the park into town, or along the river Clywedog and the Severn Way skirts the park, please ask at reception for more information.
- Great Crested Newt pond and picnic areas
- Rental cars can be delivered and collected
- Course fishing pool
- Total of 20 Acres to Explore
- 20 Minute walk to Llanidloes
- Large clean refuse & recycling area
- Late arrivals bay with electric hook-up & water
The park is laid out into four Terraces / Areas: Tylluan Wen (Owl), Bwncath (Buzzard), Barcud Coch (Red Kite) and Creyr Glas (Heron) which you can view on the site plan. All pitches are gravel hardstanding, accessed along tarmac roadways with brick pavior edgings. Each pitch is fully serviced with its own bollard featuring:
- 16amp electricity
- Fresh Water Connection
- Grey Water Disposal
- Brown Water Disposal (If using green chemical)
- Free Wifi available on all pitches
- Piped television
Our ‘Loo of the Year Platinum award winning’ with underfloor heating throughout features:
- Sensor activated flushing toilets, hand basins & showers
- Two private rooms each containing a toilet, wash basin & shower
- Fully fitted out disabled wet room
- Laundrette including Washers, Dryers, Ironing Board & hand washing facilities
- Washing Up Room with secondary information point
- Dog wash room complete with dryer
- Elson point for blue chemical
- Friendly owners & staff always on hand to help
- Tourist Information
- Calor Gas Stocked
- A small selection of caravan & motorhome accessories available
- Ice creams available
Within the grounds of the park there are dog walking areas, and a fenced off dog training area further afield it is a nice walk down into the town, and the Severn Way skirts the park, please ask at reception for more information.
- Dog Walking Area
- Separate Enclosed Dog Exercise Area
- Dog Wash (located within the toilet block building)
Clywedog Dam and sailing club less than 3 miles away
20 min walk into the market town of Llanidloes
Red Kite feeding centres only 20 mins drive
40 mins from Royal Welsh showground
40 mins to Welsh coastal towns
15 mins drive to the Hafren Forest with many walking/hiking trails some leading to the source of the river Severn
No special offer. Contact park for latest news and offers subscription.
Proprietor: Emily & Richard Onions
Address: Red Kite Touring Park Llanidloes, Powys. SY18 6NG
To get to Red Kite Touring Park take the A470 to Llanidloes then the B4518 (Signposted Clywedog Dam) the touring caravan park is about a mile up on the left hand side 400 yards past the Clywedog Riverside Holiday Home Park.
You can also click the map below for directions to Red Kite Touring Park.