Availability Latest for Your May Bank Holiday Getaways
There are three bank holiday weekends in May 2023. If you feel tempted to get away to one of our adult only holiday parks to make the most of the bank holidays, there’s still some availability. Here’s a quick update on what’s available, in case you want to make the most of any of the May bank holiday weekends.
May Bank Holiday Weekend Dates
- Early May Bank Holiday Friday 28 April – Monday 1 May
- King Charles III Coronation Friday 5 May – Monday 8 May
- Spring Bank Holiday Friday 26 – Monday 29 May
THE NORTH EAST
- There are a few pitches available at Chain Bridge Caravan Site by the River Tweed on the border with Scotland in Northumberland – go to park’s website.
THE NORTH WEST
- Green Acres Caravan Park in Cumbria has a few standard pitches (10 amps EHU) available for the first bank holiday. For the Coronation weekend there is a standard pitch (10 amps EHU). For the third bank holiday they have a standard pitch available – go to park’s website.
YORKSHIRE AND THE HUMBER
- Overbrook Caravan Park near Thornton Le Dale in North Yorkshire has some availability in the self-catering accommodation, Station Cottages.
- York Caravan Park has a few pitches available on Friday nights only on 28 April, 5 May and 26 May. Bar 1 grass pitch on 28 May, they are all fully serviced hardstanding. There’s a one-nighter available on Sunday 7 May as well. You may not be able to book single night stays on the website, so call 01904 424222 between 12 and 5pm.
- York Naburn Lock Caravan Park has 2-night stays on hardstanding serviced from Friday 28 April, as well as 3-night stays on grass electric, grass serviced, hardstanding electric and hardstanding serviced pitches. For the Coronation weekend there are 3-night stays on grass electric, grass serviced and hardstanding electric pitches starting 5 May, and 2 or 3-night stays starting Sunday 7 May on hardstanding electric or serviced pitches – go to park’s website.
- Blue Rose Country Park in the East Riding of Yorkshire has a few pitches available over the first bank holiday weekend and the Coronation weekend – go to park’s website.
- Brookside Country Park in Lincolnshire has a few pitches available for the first bank holiday weekend and the Coronation weekend – go to park’s website.
- Grooby’s Pit near Skegness in Lincolnshire has 1 hardstanding pitch with 16 amp EHU and tap on the Nursery Lake available from Friday 28 April through to May 27. (3 night minimum stay over the bank holiday.) For the King’s Coronation there are hardstanding and grass pitches available, plus both glamping units. There’s also 1 pitch left by the Nursery Lake for the late May bank holiday. It’s grass with 16 amp EHU and tap – go to park’s website.
- SPECIAL OFFERS on both Grooby’s Pit luxury glamping units for the Coronation bank holiday weekend – see details.
- Long Acres Touring Park near Old Leake in Lincolnshire has pitch availability for all the dates – go to park’s website.
- Keal Lodge Caravan Park has several pitches available for the first weekend which can accommodate units up to 8 metres. For the Coronation weekend, there is plenty of availability, but the park is fully booked for the last bank holiday weekend – go to park’s website.
- Somers Wood Caravan Park near Meriden, North Warwickshire, has a few 8-metre standard double hardstanding pitches and a couple of 7-metre hardstanding-with-grass pitches available for the first bank holiday weekend. The Coronation weekend is fully booked. For the end of May bank holiday a couple of serviced pitches and 8 hardstanding pitches left – go to park’s website.
- For the final bank holiday Yr Helig/The Willows near Abersoch on the Llyn Peninsula has grass/electric/water pitches for a small caravan, motorhome or campervan. The Willerby is also available and a special offer means that you can stay for a week in May for £450 or £70 per night plus electricity. (minimum 2 nights) go to park’s website.
- Daisy Bank Caravan Park near the English border in Powys has availability for fully serviced pitches for all the upcoming bank holidays. Pitches are from £30 per night in Camlad and £33 per night in Kerry. All the pods and lodges are fully booked over the weekends – go to park’s website.
- Red Kite Touring Park in Powys has some fully serviced hardstanding pitches and premium fully serviced hardstanding pitches for the first weekend. For the Coronation weekend, there are a couple of fully serviced hardstanding pitches and a premium fully serviced hardstanding pitch. There will be a Coronation Day event on Saturday starting at 1:30pm. There are also a couple of fully serviced hardstanding pitches available for the Spring Bank Holiday at the end of May – go to park’s website.
- Three Castles Country Caravan Park has a standard pitch (EHU and TV) and one serviced pitch (EHU, TV point, water tap and drainage) available for the first bank holiday weekend. Local events include the Border counties Steam & Country Show, Monmouth, over the weekend, an Evening of Magic with Richard Jones in Monmouth on 29 April, and a mini ghost hunt on Sunday 30 in the famous Skirrid Inn, Llanvihangel Crucornery – go to park’s website.
- For South Wales Touring Park, Llwynifan Farm, you can see what’s available at a glance on the Availability Page of the park’s website.
- Run Cottage Touring Park in Suffolk has space in the glamping pods for this weekend and also the Coronation weekend – go to park’s website.
WEST COUNTRY AND SOUTH WEST
- Bath Chew Valley Caravan Park has a couple of fully serviced pitches available for both the early May and Coronation bank holidays – go to park’s booking page.
- The Old Oaks Touring Camping & glamping Park near Glastonbury in Somerset does not have any pitches, but does have some glamping accommodation: 3 cabins for 2 nights on 5 and 6 May, plus 1 shepherd’s hut with hot tub for 3 nights from 5 to 7 May – go to park’s website.
- Hallsdown Farm Touring Park in North Devon has availability for grass, serviced hardstanding and premium pitches for the first two bank holiday weekends and limited availability for the third bank holiday weekend. The park’s premium pitches have their own private ensuite bathrooms – go to park’s website.
- Exe Valley Caravan Site in Somerset still has availability for all 3 bank holidays, these include touring pitches (choose between hardstanding and grass on arrival) and small pitches for 1 or 2-man hiking tents – go to park’s website.
- Waterrow Touring Park near Wiveliscombe in Somerset has availability for the first bank holiday weekend and the Coronation weekend, when they are hoping to have a small green party/gathering. The park also has newly refurbished showers to see – go to park’s website.
- Greenacres Touring Park near Wellington in Somerset has availability for caravans and motorhomes over the bank holidays – go to park’s website.
- Back of Beyond Touring Camping & Glamping Park in Dorset has non-electric pitches in both dog-friendly and dog-free areas, plus some glamping units available for all 3 weekends – go to park’s website.
- Woodland Springs Touring Park in Dartmoor, Devon has camping pods and fully serviced ‘Premium’ hardstanding pitches for caravans/motorhomes over 7 metres over all 3 weekends. Call 01647 231648 or go to the park’s website to book.
- At Killiwerris Touring Park near Truro in Cornwall there are a couple of pitches available for the early May bank holiday and for the Coronation. There are also pitches available for the spring bank holiday at the end of May. The park is holding a tea party for charity on Sunday 7 May. Sandwiches and cakes will be on sale in aid of the Prince’s Trust, although guests are welcome to bring their own food and drink or share as they please – go to park’s website.
- Trethem Mill Touring Park, the only 5-star touring caravan park on Cornwall’s Roseland Peninsula, has vacancies on all pitch types (grass, all-weather and fully serviced) for all the bank holidays – go to park’s website.
Please note: this information is correct at the time of writing (Wednesday 28 April) but is likely to change. We are updating the information as frequently as possible.
(Thanks to Daisy Bank Caravan Park for the Photo.)