Autumn Getaways 2023
If you’re thinking about an autumn getaway this year, here’s some information you may find useful. All our adult only parks are in great locations where you can enjoy the beauty of the changing season.
Special Autumn Offers
- Blue Rose Country Park and Brookside Country Park are both offering 15% off touring stays of more than 3 nights between 1 October and 23 December. Both 5-star parks have large hardstanding fully serviced pitches. Situated near the Yorkshire Wolds, Blue Rose Country Park has an onsite clubhouse with an events schedule. You can walk to 2 small vilages from the park, where you’ll find excellent pubs and takeaways. Brookside Country Park is 150 metres from the River Trent, close to a popular riverside pub. There’s a large woodland area to the rear of the park and you can walk to the local village.
- Somers Wood Caravan Park is offering Tranquil Parks guests a special 10% discount on stays of 2 nights or more from 1 September to 30 November. Quote TRANQUIL10 when booking. (The discount becomes available on 19 August.) This peaceful park is located near the lovely village of Meriden in the centre of England. There’s a golf club next door with a welcoming clubhouse and a fishery adjacent.
- There’s plenty of opportunity to enjoy the changing season at Back of Beyond Touring Camping & Glamping Park with its onsite woodland, proximity to the New Forest and local country parks. The offer is for 2-night glamping stays for 2 ,with 2 drinks at Monty’s Bar, 2 croissants and 2 coffees included, all for £110 in a glamping pod or lodge, or £125 in in a shepherd hut. This offer is valid on stays between 1 October and 14 December and is available through the park’s gift vouchers. The vouchers can be used for weekends, but not over the October half term.
- Old Oaks Touring Camping & Glamping Park near Glastonbury in Somerset has discounts on 7 nights touring – 10% October and 15% in November, plus 15% off glamping stays (Ts&Cs apply). There’s also free fishing in November. See the park’s offers page for full details.
See more offers at Tranquil Parks on our Special Offers page.
What’s On at the Parks
Band Nights at Back of Beyond
Eye Kettleby Lakes Tribute Evenings
What’s On Nearby
Bath’s Autumn and Winter Festivals
Bath Chew Valley Caravan Park has provided information about the many festivals and happenings in Bath. There’s always something interesting going on in this beautiful city and September is no exception. Literary fans can visit the Jane Austen Tea Rooms during the Jane Austen Festival 8-17 September. The festival’s Regency Dress Parade on 9 September will promenade through the city to the riverside Parade Gardens accompanied by brass band and period military guard. Bath’s Great Feast, 22-24 September, has something for every taste in central Milsom Street, showcasing the many celebrity chefs based here as they demonstrate their skills along with ‘pop-up’ restaurants and food stalls. The famous Bath Christmas Market, one of the country’s premier markets of its kind, runs from 23 November to 10 December.
Bristol Sails into Autumn
There’s something for everyone all year round in the maritime City of Bristol, around 12 miles from Bath Chew Valley Caravan Park. For many visitors, Bristol’s historic harbourside and the Avon Gorge are the city’s key year-round attractions. For 2023 there’s an exciting new Unicorn Festival, 23-24 September, when 100 beautiful unicorn statues will return from locations throughout the city and North Somerset for a gathering at the Propyard close to Temple Meads railway station. Bristol German Christmas Market, 3 November – 23 December, opens in the city’s Broadmead Shopping Quarter, one of the earliest Christmas markets to open.
Chatsworth Country Fair from Longnor Wood
A fantastic event just 15 miles from Longnor Wood Holiday Park in Derbyshire is the Chatsworth Country Fair in early September. In addition to spectacular displays in the main ring, some of the nation’s favourite cooks, including Mary Berry and James Martin, will be hosting in the cookery theatre. There’s also a funfair, animal displays and a shopping village.
Events in the City of York
York Caravan Park still had spaces for the following events at the time of writing: Yorktoberfest, York’s very own Bavarian Beerfest returns this October at the Clocktower Enclosure, York Racecourse, with plenty of laughs, live entertainment and lederhosen! It takes place over the weekends 20-21 and 27-28 October. York Christmas Market returns this year from 16 November to 23rd December and the festivities include live music, choirs and speciality markets throughout December.
Food and Chocolate from Eye Kettleby Lakes
Famous for pork pies, Melton Mowbray near Eye Kettleby Lakes has become a centre for great food festivals. Coming up are the East Midlands Food Festival on Saturday 7 and Sunday 8 October, as well as the Chocolate Festival on Saturday 18 and Sunday 19 November.
Christmas and Winter Fairs and markets near Two Mills
There are no fewer than 9 events taking place in the town and cities near Two Mills Touring Park, including Norwich, Great Yarmouth, Fakenham, Thursford, Pensthorpe and Wells-next-the-Sea. Full details are on the park’s Christmas Markets page.
When Are Parks Closing at the End of the Season and Which Parks Stay Open?
Closing in September
- Greenacres Touring Park, Somerset (17th)
- Three Castles Country Caravan Park, South Wales
- Plough Lane Caravan Site, Wiltshire
Closing in October
- Trethem Mill Touring Park, Cornwall (1st)
- Exe Valley Caravan Site, Somerset (15th)
- Green Acres Caravan Park, Cumbria (30th)
- Chain Bridge Touring Caravan Site, Northumberland (31st)
- Charoland Farm, Lancashire (31st)
- Grooby’s Pit, Lincolnshire (31st)
- Tyddyn Du Touring Park, North Wales (31st)
- The Willows Caravan & Camping Park, (31st)
- Keal Lodge Caravan Park, Lincolnshire (29th)
- Woodland Springs Touring Park, Devon (31st)
- Killiwerris Touring Park, Cornwall (31st)
- Cardinney Camping Park, Cornwall (31st)
Closing in November
- Old Oaks Touring & Glamping Park, Somerset (20th)
- Delph Bank Touring Park, Lincolnshire (30th)
- Somers Wood Caravan Park, North Warwickshire (30th)
- Two Mills Touring Park, Norfolk (30th)
- Long Acres Touring Park, Lincolnshire (3rd)
- York Naburn Lock Caravan Park, York
- New Lodge Farm, Northamptonshire
Opening for Christmas / New Year after Closing in the Autumn
- Fields End Water Caravan Park, Lodges & Fishery, Cambridgeshire, closing 30 November and reopening 27 December till 3 January.
Staying Open until after Christmas / New Year
- Back of Beyond Touring Camping & Glamping Park, Dorset (2nd January)
- York Caravan Park (2nd January)
- Cherry Tree Springs Touring Park, Lincolnshire (3rd January)
- Lamb Cottage Caravan Park, Cheshire (2nd January)
- Red Kite Touring Park, Mid-Wales (3rd January)
- Overbrook Caravan Park – North Yorkshire (7th January)
- Hallsdown Touring Park, North Devon (10th January)
- Longnor Wood Holiday Park in Derbyshire (10th January)
Staying Open All Year Round
- Blue Rose Country Park, East Riding of Yorkshire
- Brookside Country Park, Lincolnshire
- Wolds View Touring Park, Lincolnshire
- Daisy Bank Touring Caravan Park, Mid-Wales
- Eye Kettleby Lakes Touring Park, Leicester
- Stroud Hill Park, Cambridgeshire
- Run Cottage Touring Park, Suffolk
- Briarfields Motel & Touring Park, Gloucester
- Bath Chew Valley Caravan Park, Bath & NE Somerset
- Wells Touring Park, Somerset
- Waterrow Touring Park, Somerset
- Cartref Caravan & Camping Site, Shropshire
- Moor View Touring Park, Devon
- South Wales Touring Park (Fully serviced pitches closed 5th Jan – 1st March)
- Stretton Lakes Touring Park, Leicestershire