Autumn-winter opening 2022
After the scorching summer, you may be feeling ready for a cool autumn break at one of our peaceful touring parks just for adults!
If you want to get away at the last minute, you’re more likely to find availability when the summer peak has finished. And travelling is always easier when the roads are less crowded.
Outside of the peak season you can avoid the crowds at major attractions and beauty spots, where you can enjoy the autumn colours at their best. For dog owners, many beaches relax the restrictions on dogs once the summer peak is over. There are discounts and lower tariffs in the low season.
So if the thought of waking up on a crisp autumn or winter’s morning in your cosy ‘home on wheels’ appeals to you, you can find out which parks are open when on this page.
Too cold for camping?
If you’re the type of person that prefers to put your caravan, motorhome or campervan away for the winter, you might like to know that many Tranquil Parks offer glamping and/or self contained holiday accommodation. See our page on Glamping Holidays and our page Parks with Accommodation.
Alternatively you can search for parks by location, activities such as fishing and types of accommodation on the Discover our Tranquil Parks page. And dont forget to check for low season Special Offers too!
Extended season news
Delph Bank Touring Park in Lincolnshire is now staying open throughout October and November. Unique and exciting Halloween, fireworks and Christmas celebrations are taking place in the area before the park closes on 30 November.
Back of Beyond Touring Park in Dorset is staying open until 2 January.
(In each category we have listed the parks from North to South.)
Closing at the end of September
Closing in October
- Chainbridge Touring Caravan Site, Northumberland (31st)
- Green Acres Caravan Park, Cumbria (31st)
- Charoland Farm, Lancashire (31st)
- Grooby’s Pit, Lincolnshire (31st)
- Tyddyn Du Touring Park, North Wales (31st)
- The Willows Caravan & Camping Park, (31st)
- Keal Lodge Caravan Park, Lincolnshire (31st)
- New Lodge Farm, Northamptonshire (30th)
- Plough Lane Caravan Site, Wiltshire (1st)
- Trethem Mill Touring Park, Cornwall (10th)
- Woodland Springs Touring Park, Devon (31st)
- Killiwerris Touring Park, Cornwall (31st)
- Trethem Mill Touring Park, Cornwall (9th)
- Cardinney Camping Park, Cornwall (31st)
Closing in November
- York Naburn Lock Caravan Park, York
- Two Mills Touring Park, Norfolk
- Wilson House Holiday Park, Lancashire
- Wheathill Touring Park, Shropshire
Opening for Christmas / New Year after closing in the autumn
- Fields End Water Caravan Park, Lodges & Fishery, Cambridgeshire, closing 30 November and reopening 20 December till 3 January.
- Somers Wood Caravan Park, North Warwickshire, closing 27 November and reopening 16 December to 2 January.
Staying open until after Christmas / New Year
- Overbrook Caravan Park – North Yorkshire (7 January)
- York Caravan Park (1 January)
- Cherry Tree Springs Touring Park, Lincolnshire (3 January)
- Long Acres Touring Park, Lincolnshire (8 January)
- Lamb Cottage Caravan Park, Cheshire (2 January)
- Red Kite Touring Park, Mid-Wales (3 January)
- South Wales Touring Park (5 January)
- Hallsdown Touring Park, North Devon (10 January)
- Back of Beyond Touring Camping & Glamping Park, Dorset (2 January)
Staying open all year round
- Blue Rose Country Park, East Riding of Yorkshire
- Brookside Country Park, Lincolnshire
- Wolds View Touring Park, Lincolnshire
- Longnor Wood Holiday Park in Derbyshire (for 2022)
- Daisy Bank Touring Caravan Park, Mid-Wales
- Eye Kettleby Lakes Touring Park, Leicester
- Stroud Hill Park, Cambridgeshire
- Run Cottage Touring Park, Suffolk
- Briarfields Motel & Touring Park, Gloucester
- Bath Chew Valley Caravan Park, Bath & NE Somerset
- Wells Touring Park, Somerset
- Waterrow Touring Park, Somerset
- Moor View Touring Park, Devon